Are you a Master student? Do you want to help and guide second- and third-year students in their university life, while developing valuable skills? You will supervise a group of second or third year students in the BSc Connect Programme. As a mentor you will discuss important decisions for BSc students (Master’s choice, thesis writing, studying abroad, etc.) and you will have social activities too. The size of this group depends on the number of students that register.
The benefits of being a social mentor:
- The experience is a great boost to your CV
- You will be paid by the UvA
- You will develop coaching and leadership skills in a professional setting
- You receive a training from a professional company
- You can request a letter of recommendation that you can use to register for your Exchange or internship
- You have the chance to meet fellow mentors during social activities, organized especially for you.
Being a mentor means that:
- You get the chance to meet new students from all over the world. The main goal of the BSc Connect Programme is that students can connect with other students!
- There will be 3 sessions per workgroup and 2 social activities throughout the semester
- You are responsible for properly supervising your group in the second semester
- You are committed to your group
- There will be online and on-campus sessions!