Do you want to be part of a best-in-class investment team contributing to managing one of the world’s largest portfolios investing in Insurance Linked Investments? Your knowledge and understanding of modelling and quantifying natural catastrophe reinsurance exposures may be exactly what we are looking for!
As an Associate in the Credit & Insurance Linked (CILI) team you will work with an international group of experienced specialists. Your role will be to actively contribute to quantitative analysis of transactions, the portfolio of investments, and allocation decisions. Over time you will learn more about the all aspects of making investment decisions, implementation and portfolio management. Ideally, over a number of years you grow into the role of a portfolio manager. You will initially focus on the Insurance Linked Investments mandate. As an associate you’ll be challenged to contribute to growing a portfolio of Insurance Linked Investments with a pure focus on natural catastrophe risk. We offer plenty of opportunities to develop yourself, within the team as well as within PGGM.
Jouw afdeling binnen PGGM
PGGM is a Dutch pension fund service provider responsible for managing the pensions for different pension funds, their affiliated employers and employees. PGGM’s CILI team is part of the Private Markets division. Credit & Insurance Linked Investments manages two unique mandates for our client PFZW. One mandate is the € 6 billion Insurance Linked Investments mandate which invests in exposures to natural catastrophe risk. The other mandate is the € 6 billion Credit Risk Sharing, which invests in credit risk sharing transactions with banks.
We invest worldwide and as a 20-people strong team we are international as well, with currently nine different nationalities. Within the team and across the mandates we look to work together on multiple fronts.
The ideal candidate:
- has a master degree, for example in econometrics, mathematics or actuarial studies
- has strong analytical skills and is familiar with quantitative models and databases
- likes an intellectual challenge and is able to get to the essence of complex matters relatively easily and explain it in simple terms to others
- is an open personality and strong communicator
- has the ambition to develop within this role and the CILI team
- can write and speak English fluently
- it is a plus to have at least 2 years experience in the non-life (re) insurance industry with a focus on cat modelling