In this role, you have the opportunity to
Learn about strategy implementation, business development and the important “P” of pricing within a global business context. You will also explore the exiting world of Philips Home Care Domestic Appliances.
You are responsible for
- Enabling the global Business Development and local Marketing team (i.e. commercial organization/country) to achieve targets through outstanding support and energetic customer focus.
- Owning the performance tracker, global and per market; coordinating and analyzing data using multiple tools; sharing learnings, suggesting improvement actions, and delivering business reviews as required
- Aiding and supporting development of market growth plans including analysis and illustration of business initiatives and objectives
- Coordinating and co-developing marketing support materials, such as presentations, internal communications materials and retail training materials
- Tracking of global competition, market developments and trends across multiple product categories
You are a part of
The Home Care team – located in the headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The team implements the overall strategy and the Commercial Policy with a deep understanding of consumer needs and innovative activation strategies within Philips. Key drivers for growth are breakthrough, game-changing propositions, trading up stories, recruiting new users, in-store excellence, new distribution channels, social media and 360° activation campaigns. You will report to the Sr Business Development Manager.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Currently studying towards your University Master in Sciences WO (Msc.) Business Administration, Business (International) Management, Strategic Management or Marketing
- You have a true passion for marketing and commercial strategy, business development, and business analytics
- You are a self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and work within a rapidly changing environment
- Able to collect, track, and summarize information; timely and courteous follow up with global and local teams; team player; ability to anticipate and plan ahead
- Project management experience is preferable
- Fluent in English; other languages a plus
- Proficient Excel skills
- Be registered as a student during the entire internship period.
In return, we offer you
A perfect view of what it’s like to work in the global headquarters of a large international organization such as Philips. You’ ll be working in one of the most dynamic business segments, so you’ll have a steep learning curve.
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation (proof of enrollment) will be requested. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university. Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.