Explore the exiting world of Philips BG Coffee with brands such as Philips, Saeco and Senseo and learn a lot about strategy implementation, business development and the important “P” of pricing within a global business context.
You are responsible for
- Enabling the global marketing team (i.e. commercial organization/country) to achieve targets through outstanding support and energetic customer focus.
- Owning the performance tracker, global and per market; coordinate and analyze data using multiple tools, share learnings, suggest improvement actions, and deliver business reviews as required
- Aiding and support development of market growth plans including analysis and illustration of business initiatives and objectives
- Coordinating and co-developing marketing support materials, such as presentations, internal communications materials and retail training materials
- Tracking of global competition, market developments and trends across multiple product categories
- Capturing key actions from meetings with global markets and driving resolution with task owners
- Ad hoc requirements to support marketing activities
You are a part of
The BG Coffee Business Development & Marketing team – located in the headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. This team helps the countries in a lean and end to end fashion to implement the overall strategy and the Commercial Policy. This goes through a deep understanding of consumer needs and innovative activation strategies within Philips. Key drivers for growth are breakthrough, game changing propositions, trading up stories, recruiting new users, in-store excellence, new distribution channels, social media and 360° activation campaigns. You will report to the Business Development Manager / Pricing Officer.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Currently studying towards your University Master in Sciences WO (Msc.) or Bachelor Degree
- You have a true passion for marketing, business and pricing strategy
- You are a self-starter with the ability to learn quickly and work within a rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated success in project management; ability to collect, track, and summarize information; timely and courteous follow up with global and local teams; team player; ability to anticipate and plan ahead
- Fluent in English; other languages a plus
- Be registered as a student during the entire internship period.
- For students outside EU/EER, internship should be compulsory by your education.
Please attach following mandatory documents to your application:
- Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
- Cover Letter informing your availability and outlining your motivation
In return, we offer you
As a junior member of the business development/marketing team you will get a perfect view of what it’s like to work in the global headquarters of a large international organization such as Philips. You’ ll be working in one of the most dynamic business segments, so you’ll have a steep learning curve.
It can be discussed to make this assignment suitable for your thesis