In this role, you have the opportunity to
Learn and grow as a professional within the corporate IT domain of Philips Domestic Appliances (DA). As a trainee, you will join a 2-year program, in which you will be fulfilling 3 challenging assignments in different departments within IT. The Traineeship focusses on ‘learning on the job’, mentoring and training. You will benefit from ample opportunities to learn and share with other IT trainees and employees, while expanding your business network. After two years of accelerated learning and gaining valuable experience, you are in the driver seat of your career. You will get the chance to use the network you have built to find the perfect next step in your IT career.
Domestic Appliances (DA) will become a separate legal entity per 1st of July 2021. From an IT point of view, this means two things, during the first year of separation we will rely on the services provided by Royal Philips, while in parallel we define our own target landscape. As a trainee you will be part of the teams that will make sure that the “lights stay on”, and will develop and deploy the next-gen architecture. You can be a project manager, a data analyst, a platform analyst, in the PMO, etc. We will organize your first assignment and you will choose your next steps.
You are a part of
The corporate IT domain of Philips Domestic Appliances (DA). Philips’ Domestic Appliances business is a global leader with EUR 2.3 billion in sales in 2020 in kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care and home care appliances, with successful products such as the Airfryer, Perfect Care Steam Generators, Automatic Coffee Machines with LatteGo and SpeedPro Max Aqua vacuum cleaner.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Have recently graduated or will graduate latest August 2021 with a Master’s Degree in the fields of Information / Data analytics, Business Information Management, Business Information Systems, (digital) Marketing, Business Administration, Digital Business and Innovation, or related
- Finalized a Bachelors in Information Technology, or related field to Digital Technologies
- Maximum 1 year of work experience
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Driven by operational excellence and have an eye for detail
- Experience in problem solving and change management techniques is a plus
- International experience and mindset is a plus
- The ability to use internal and external resources to maximize the value for the company and its customers
- Project management skills
- Speak and write fluent English
- A daring mind-set. Willing and able to challenge the status quo.
- Strong in stakeholder management capabilities (both remote as F2F)
- Team player, a collaborator putting consumer first, DA second and team third
In return, we offer you
A meaningful career, with new challenges in our dynamic organization, working in an encouraging multinational and multicultural environment. We are happy to provide you with this opportunity to work with new technologies. You will be surrounded by passionate and committed, colleagues who share your ambition to create outstanding customer experiences. Your work will be ambitious and full of opportunities for growth. Variety and challenge will be part of your daily routines. As a trainee you will receive a contract for the period of 2 years, with excellent labor conditions.
Please apply online and
- Upload your CV, motivation and grade list by the 14th of May 2021
- If you pass the pre-selection round an online ability test can be part of the recruitment process;
- If you achieve the required score on this test, you will be invited for a short recruiter interview in April / May 2021;
- The most suitable candidates will be invited for the Selection Day in the Netherlands, Amsterdam (ideally in the week of June 21-24, might adjust pending COVID regulations); your presence during the Selection Day is required.
When you successfully complete the selection process, you will start your first assignment per September 2021
Why should you join Domestic Appliances?
Philips’ Domestic Appliances business is a global leader with EUR 2.3 billion in sales in 2020 in kitchen appliances, coffee, garment care and home care appliances, with successful products such as the Airfryer, Perfect Care Steam Generators, Automatic Coffee Machines with LatteGo and SpeedPro Max Aqua vacuum cleaner, and many more that are used by millions of people every day across the world.
In January 2020, Philips announced that it would be considering new ownership options for Domestic Appliances, as it is not a strategic fit for the company’s future as a health technology leader, and committed to finding the right home for the business to ensure that it is set up for continued success serving customers, leveraging the Philips brand and driving growth across the markets that it serves.
In its 128-year history as a leading innovator, Philips has had to reinvent itself a number of times to remain competitive. This has involved several high-profile divestments, resulting in the company’s successful track record in managing complex change of this scale. Such transformations offer unique opportunities for employees to ‘make their mark’ and gain expertise in a specific and dynamic environment – those who can deliver results while navigating and contributing to changes will gain unique skills and perspective that will prove valuable for the rest of their careers.