Start date: as soon as possible
Duration: 6 months. If possible, we will extend to 9 or 12 months
We will capture your preference regarding location in the Netherlands, however depending on the opportunities, we will or will not be able to comply with it.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make life better
As a Finance Intern in Philips, you will have the opportunity to discover this function by fulfilling a meaningful assignment in our Finance department. You will focus on ‘learning on the job’ as well as learning from Finance professionals – we are looking forward to welcome you in the Philips family!
You are responsible for
We do have several assignments available and within the following tracks: Risk & Portfolio Management, Technical Accounting & Oversight, Mergers & Acquisitions, Financial Planning & Analysis, Group Consolidation and Reporting, Risk & Compliance and Tax.
You are a part of
We provide internship opportunities in different departments in various locations in the Netherlands (Amsterdam, Best, Drachten or Eindhoven).
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a customer-first attitude and the following
- Currently studying towards your Bachelor or Master in: Finance, Accountancy, Economics or Business Economics
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- You have affinity with Corporate Finance and Financial Markets
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit – eager, ambitious, well developed organizational skills;
- Commercial mindset; (Advanced) experienced user of Excel
- Business fluency in English – for some positions Dutch might be required;
In return, we offer you
- A unique and challenging internship assignment! Next to that, we are offering a decent internship package:
- Monthly full-time allowance between €500 – €900 gross, depending on educational level and if you would need to relocate to The Netherlands. If you will perform a part-time internship you will receive the allowance pro-rata.
- Housing compensation, in case of relocating to the vicinity of the office, €300,- net if location is in the vicinity of Amsterdam, €255,- net for all other Philips locations. You need to provide a rental contract of the land lord, and your normal home-work travel distance need to be more than 50 km or travel time (one way trip) need to be more than 1.5 hours.
- Travel compensation, if you are not eligible for a free public transport card; you will receive max. €145,- net
- Paid holidays per internship term.
- The opportunity to buy Philips products at our Philips shop.
Part of our selection procedure is an online test. Based on the outcome of this test and your resume, you will be selected for the next round, a virtual video pitch. If you pass, you will be invited for an business interview, which will be the final step in our selection process.
In order to be considered, you have to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation will be requested. Students from outside the EU enrolled in a Dutch university need to fill in a NUFFIC agreement – needing to be signed by the student and the university.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
How we work at Philips
There are three core ways that define our ways of working – embracing flexibility, being at our best, and impactful collaboration. We believe this enables us to deliver an outstanding experience to our customers and create the best place to work for people who share our passion.