In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support the creation of consolidated financial figures of Royal Philips. You will be part of a team of experts, combining accounting and reporting knowledge with a thorough understanding of processes and reporting systems. You will do analyses on financial figures and work on internal and external reporting processes. Teamwork will be intense, our processes are smart and efficient and our output is instantly used throughout the finance function. You will work with various internal stakeholders across the globe. Our work is highly valued.
You are responsible for
- Monitor and control balances on the central consolidation-reporting units of Royal Philips.
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting and analytical review.
- Contribute to the notes of the annual report of Royal Philips and assist in the internal control/SOx process
- Contribute to process improvements projects, coming along during your internship.
- Participate and contribute in various Topic Teams on accounting topics. A Topic Team brings you together with a Technical Accounting colleague, Accounting Operations representatives, Financial Planning and Analysis representatives with knowledge of the different sectors and other finance functions depending on the topic. The Team will discuss the accounting practice on the topic end-to-end, considering accounting processes and internal control framework.
You are a part of
Group Consolidation and Reporting (GC&R) is part of ARIC (Accounting, Reporting and Internal Control) and is responsible for consolidation and financial reporting of Royal Philips. Besides reporting, various initiatives are running from GC&R such as finance knowledge management and improvement projects on accounting and reporting structures. We take part of various review and analysis meetings and project teams. As such, we are part of all significant events happening throughout Royal Philips.
The team is working at the Philips Center in Amsterdam and has a size of about 20 persons of various nationalities. The team members have high education (in general master+). We are known as, for giving a warm welcome to newcomers and giving a boost to your knowledge and insights.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Currently studying towards your Bachelor or Master degree in: Finance & Accounting
- Have an interest in accounting/IFRS framework.
- Fluent in oral van written English.
- Good communication and analytical skills, work accurately and with a structured approach.
- Affinity with IT-systems.
In return, we offer you
Working in an environment where all significant economic events of Royal Philips will cross your desk. This will give you a great insight into what is happening in Royal Philips, as well as accounting and reporting thereof. You will work in a team, which closely cooperates and offers lots of learning and development opportunities. The team has high performance standards. This role gives you a great opportunity to learn and develop accounting knowledge, accuracy and meaningful financial reporting.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.