The Northern Europe team at Russell Investments is responsible for working with clients and prospects in Benelux, German speaking and the Nordic region, across a full range of services. The role will predominantly focus on assisting with the delivery of strategy, investment management and implementation services. In addition, the role will support the client service and sales team in seeking new business, with a key focus on ESG opportunities. Ultimately the position is expected to contribute to client retention and the evolution of the investment management proposition across the region.
The Intern will be the liaison between the senior members of the Northern Europe team and various departments in the Investment Division, middle and back office such as operations, legal, product and others. The Intern will work closely with clients and their representatives to deliver best in class relationship management to a portfolio of institutional clients. The emphasis will be on both protecting client revenue and expanding each client relationship across a broad range of Russell Investments’ services, including funds management, fiduciary management and implementation services. This role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
Client Relationship Management
- To support Northern Europe client relationships. The client base includes DB and DC private sector pension schemes, insurance clients and government agencies.
Industry Knowledge and Understanding
- To develop an awareness of the Northern Europe market including the various requirements and nuances of the different client bases serviced by the Northern Europe team.
- To support on new business opportunities where required. This may include gathering high level information about clients or the services Russell Investments offer.
- To build an awareness of the Institutional investment market and how it’s evolving, with a key focus on ESG developments across the different regions.
- Should be made in line with the job description, business plan and procedures documents, and with wider business focus. Decisions should all be made within a scalable and efficient business framework.
- Support relationship management team in all aspects of client management, including preparation of client presentations, delivery of customized reports, liaison with the investment division, etc. Assist the team with building a strong working relationship with clients and provide effective and timely response to clients’ requests.
- Assist relationship management teams in proactively planning and executing strategies to retain and expand client relationships
- Middle office team oversight. Help supervise all functions outsourced to the middle office team, including client onboarding, audit queries, preparation and distribution of quarterly reports, etc.
- Provide support for internal project work. Support associates in relation to enhancements in processes, systems and client experience.
- Assist senior members of the team in business development efforts.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- University undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification / equivalent experience
- Should be considering future professional qualifications such as CFA
- Developing knowledge of the pensions and insurance industry in the Northern Europe including a broad understanding of the objectives, operations and regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of the global capital markets and how various stakeholders interact within them.
- Good knowledge and understanding of all major asset classes.
- Professional approach to client interaction.
- Demonstrable skills in working with others, delivering within deadlines and being proactive.
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Able to co-ordinate and work well within a team.
- Good organizational skills and an ability to meet internal and external demands.
- High energy and persistence.
- Strong self-motivation and imagination.
- Naturally courteous and professional approach.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, both within a team and independently.
- Excellent communications skills (written and oral, including excellent telephone manner) interpersonal and presentation skills.
Please submit your application containing your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com .