Are you almost done with your University Master studies in a finance-related field? Do you want to combine writing your thesis with experiencing what it is like to be part of a global consulting firm? Then we have the perfect internship program for you.
Within this internship program you are part of a pool of interns.Following a structured programme, you have the unique opportunity to combine writing your thesis with being a true part of our Finance Consulting team and supporting in actual client engagements.
During the internship, you will be mentored by a supervisor / buddy from our Finance team. Moreover, you will have access to knowledge and data sources that are usually not available at universities. Commonly, a successful internship is a good first step to get to know each other and unlock further career opportunities at PwC.
Who are you?
You are a talented and ambitious student who takes responsibility for your own opportunities and development. You want to develop further, both professionally and in your social skills, and already working on skills, insights and relationships that will help you throughout your career.
We’re looking for interns who are proactive, analytical and numerically strong. Furthermore you should be curious by nature, are interested in developments in the Finance field and have a critical attitude.
- You follow a University Master in a field such as Finance, Economics, Accounting, Business Administration and/or Control;
- You have excellent academic results and/or relevant extracurricular activities on your resume;
- You are full-time available for five to six months, since we provide you with the opportunity to write your thesis and at the same time obtain experience in our practice;
- You like to analyse new issues and find solutions in a practical and creative way;
- You enjoy working in a team, in which different ideas and perspectives are included in the work.
What are the job entails?
The PwC Finance Consulting team advises clients on the finance organization and strategic financial decisions. In short, we help companies with improving all activities and topics within the focus area of the CFO, who is effectively our primary client.
The finance organizations of our clients have to deal with numerous challenges, as internal and external customers increasingly expect valuable information instead of just plain data. Moreover, the sheer amount of available data has increased dramatically due to recent technological developments. Questions arise whether current finance organizations are structured to face these challenges. Is the finance organization operating efficiently and are people equipped to deliver the right information to executives to steer the company?
We offer you the opportunity to conduct independent research as part of our Finance team. We ask you to write a one-page research proposal, similar to the research proposal you would write for your University, containing;
1. Your topic: what is it that you are going to investigate?
2. Academic relevance: what value does this research bring to academic development in the Finance area?
3. Business relevance: what value does this research bring to PwC and/or its clients?
4. Way of working: what would be your approach to come to a solid thesis?
In your research proposal, please convince us that your topic contributes to the development of our Finance team as well as covers the required academic prerequisites.
Examples of topics for research include:
- Any topic related to a company’s finance organization currently relevant in academia;
- Recent business trends, both internationally and specifically in the Netherlands, with respect to digital developments that have impact on the finance organization, such as robotics, blockchain or e-invoicing;
- The relationship between business goals and personal incentives;
- The changing role of the controller within organizations;
- The ideal set-up of the finance organization and the extent to which centralisation of the finance organization is desirable.
What are we offering?
At PwC, you will be behind the steering wheel of your own career. As a working student, you will be working in a young, dynamic and multidisciplinary team that focuses on personal and professional growth. Your work will be extremely varied and depend on the assignment, the client, the specialists in the team and your own preferences.
If you partake in internship programme, you will be part of an inspiring environment, experiencing working as a finance consultant and extensive attention to your personal and professional growth.
- You are part of a young and dynamic team of dedicated consultants;
- You will be assigned a personal supervisor / buddy (professional practitioner) for the entire training period;
- You are assured of various activities, inspiring colleagues and good compensation;
- You will be provided with a laptop.
Who are we?
We are PwC, established in 1849. Through various mergers, we have now become a worldwide business service provider with activities in the field of Digital Technology, Assurance, Tax and Advisory. We operate in this field within a large range of sectors and clients.
We employ 223,000 people, across 157 countries. PwC Nederland employs a total of over 5,000 people. Our relevance and purpose is ‘building trust in society and solving important problems’. This manifests itself in the way we work and who we are, guided by our values – Act with integrity, Make a difference, Care, Work together and Reimagine the possible. For more background information about us, visit our website.