In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support the Customer Screenings team in the execution of the screening of third parties, organizing (back office) activities that facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the Customer Screenings team and to continuous improve the customer screenings processes.
You are responsible for
- Performing desktop searches and reporting back in line with Philips procedures.
- Interacting and engaging with different stakeholders during the searches.
- Documenting findings and conclusions in line with the prescribed tools and methods.
- Reporting the findings of the searches in line with Philips procedures and systems.
- Organizing of the (back office) activities that facilitate the smooth and efficient running of the Customer Screenings team.
- Participating in continuous improvement of the customer screenings processes.
You are a part of
Fraud Investigations and Customer Screenings (FICS) within Philips Internal Audit. Supporting in the definition, implementation and maintenance of the Company’s global security policies, procedures and standards for the identification and assessment of security threats and risks and advises management on corporate security matters.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor or Master student in relevant areas: Law, International Relations, Criminology, Finance, Accounting, Enterprise Risk Management
- Strong Legal background and basic understanding of Compliance/Criminal Law principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent reporting skills
- Knowledge of LEAN/continuous improvement is a strong asset
- Fluency in the English language (mandatory)
- Fluency in the Italian language (mandatory),
- Spanish language skills is an asset.
In return, we offer you
The opportunity to be part of a global team that supports in the definition, implementation and maintenance of the Company’s global security policies, procedures and standards. You have the opportunity to further develop your reporting and communication skills as well as support in the continuous improvement of the Customer Screenings team’s processes and procedures (LEAN).
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
We will require student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education), and should be valid for the whole internship period. In case of extension, a new proof of enrollment will be requested.
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
If you recognize yourself in this profile and would like to take this challenge, we invite you to apply as soon as possible.