As part of the global deal team of Philips M&A you will learn about the entire execution process of different types of deals (buy-side and sell-side, joint ventures, large, midsize and smaller deals). In recent years, Philips M&A has successfully completed over 30 international M&A transactions. In the period 2017 – 2019, Philips announced 19 acquisitions.
You are responsible for:
- Assisting the M&A deal execution process from start to finish, including valuation and financial analyses (DCF and multiples), assisting/ managing due diligence processes, project management, drafting of process materials
- Preparing presentations for the Executive Board, with and alongside people from Philips’ Business Groups and Markets
- Performing company research and industry benchmarking using various databases (e.g. Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters)
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- An excellent academic track record (preferably in Economics, Finance, or Econometrics)
- A genuine interest in corporate finance, valuation and financial markets
- Current enrollment in a MSc program or last year of a bachelor program. You must be enrolled in a university during the internship period.
- Highly analytical mindset and a strong professional drive
- Strong and open-minded team player who can work with various nationalities and cultures
- Modelling experience in Excel and neat PowerPoint skills
- Fluency in written/spoken English (Dutch is not required)
- Relevant financial internship experience is preferred