In this role, you have the opportunity to
Support our Purchase to Pay – Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Project to implement the Optical Character Recognition (OCR) Automation project in multiple markets. This project is targeted to automate the invoice receipt process from our suppliers to ensure that an invoice is processed 100% touchless once the invoice is digitally processed.
You are responsible for
- Onboarding existing and new suppliers to start using Optical Character Recognition (OCR) tooling
- Aligning internally and externally with key stakeholders on project progress, data content and increasing automation target
- Communicating to vendors, Philips Stakeholders and 3rd parties regarding roles and responsibilities
- Analyzing and supporting issues concerning master data, Purchase Orders quality and Invoice quality, including follow up with vendors and Procurement
- Mitigating process issues for documents within OCR Validation Step, implement corrective action to ensure issue will not reoccur for the vendor, PO, etc. and push towards SAP for posting.
You are a part of
The Global Accounting Operations department based in Eindhoven. You will be working in a team of about 10 full-time colleagues and your stakeholders are Accounting Controllers, Business Partners and Purchase to Pay specialists. Under the umbrella of Royal Philips, Philips Finance manages and performs transactional finance activities for the company
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Currently studying towards your University Master in Sciences WO (Msc.) or Bachelor Degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting
- You have strong analytical skills, high level of accuracy
- You are interested in working in an international environment in the Financial area;
- You work with problem-solving and result-oriented approach and can work well individually as well as being part of a team
- You are engaged, motivated, ambitious, eager to learn and develop new skills and knowledge
- MS office applications skills (Outlook, Excel)
- Very good command of English
- Be registered as a student during the entire internship period.
- For students outside EU/EER, internship should be compulsory by your education.
Please attach following mandatory documents to your application:
- Student registration form (Proof of enrollment at your current education)
- Cover Letter informing your availability and outlining your motivation
In return, we offer you
We offer the unique combination of a critical and challenging role and a creative and empowering office environment. You will be actively encouraged to make improvements, establish best in class service and have a direct impact on the success of Philips on a daily basis. You will also be rewarded with a competitive renumeration, based on your knowledge and experience
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.