Are you a recent graduate with high ambition, ready to take initiative as a part of an environmental finance scale-up? Are you ready to develop cutting-edge trading strategies using your excellent quantitative skills? Would you like to get the chance to implement and automatize financial solutions into the tradable environmental markets? Then this role might be perfect for you!
OTC Flow is a trading & brokerage firm specialized in over-the-counter (OTC) trading across European and local renewable energy markets. We provide liquidity in virtually all financial-environmental instruments in Europe. OTC Flow’s mission is to provide clients with relevant information on financial and renewable energy markets to help our partners achieve their sustainability goals in an informed and more intelligent way.
About the role
We are currently seeking talented candidates with a strong quantitative educational background. This program provides a unique opportunity for recent graduates or young professionals to gain exposure to all departments within our organization, plus reporting directly to Management. The focus of this role is to analyze the rapidly changing renewable energy markets and derive new business ideas for the front-office team to execute. A thorough technical understanding of the underlying value chain within these markets is key to succeed. You will be involved from opportunity discovery until implementation, hereby clearly driving the strategic expansion into all renewable energy related markets.
- Stay updated with the latest industry developments, market news, and competitor activities. Perform in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis to identify market inefficiencies, pricing anomalies, and emerging trading opportunities;
- Analyzing market trends, liquidity dynamics, and regulatory factors to develop innovative trading strategies. Identify opportunities for market making, risk arbitrage, and portfolio optimization to enhance profitability;
- Analyzing and optimizing market strategies in coordination with the trading desk;
- Monitoring of real-time market data, trading activity, and risk metrics to assess the effectiveness of implemented strategies. Identify areas for improvement, optimize trading algorithms, and make adjustments to adapt to changing market conditions;
- Providing reporting -and elaborate on business cases related to strategies linking on-exchange trading and over-the-counter trading together, hereby working closely together with both the analyst team and experienced sales-traders;
- Other responsibilities might include setting up a risk matrix and accompanied tools, working closely together with our risk and compliance team.
- You hold a quantitative Master’s degree with honors, such as in Finance, Econometrics, Engineering, or a degree in a related field;
- 0–2 year work experience in a trading field and/or the commodity markets;
- You have an interest in financial markets, trading, and environmental markets;
- You have strong data analysis skills, including the ability to produce reports in order to make data-driven decisions;
- You have strong knowledge of Excel;
- Programming skills (e.g., Python, R, SQL) are advantageous;
- You are equally interested in quantitative and qualitative research;
- You are commercially driven and able to turn complex analysis into clear business strategies;
- You are a team player but can also work independently;
- You like to set things up from scratch;
- You are fluent in English;
- You are willing to travel to or relocate to Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
What we offer
- A fast-growing, international working environment where every day can be an opportunity to learn;
- A competitive remuneration package with discretionary bonus options;
- Direct exposure to Management, with a chance to help drive the strategic roadmap of a fast-growing company in the environmental space;
- The opportunity to attend events and conferences, in order to leverage your knowledge and to better understand the infrastructure of the environmental commodity markets;
- After the first 6 months, we intend to offer you an indefinite position, including a salary increase and the bonus scheme;
- Free lunch & snacks;
- Travel expenses covered (OV/Swap-bicycle plan etc.);
- 25 vacation days;
- Social events & activities with a fun team, including company trips (London/Ibiza).
If we have just described your profile, do not miss out on this opportunity.
The recruitment process is as follows:
- Submit your application with your CV and university grade list;
- We will get to know you better through a pre-screening interview;
- We will invite you for an interview with the hiring manager.
Please note that sometimes there are slight changes to this process.
We are convinced our differences make the difference and that an inclusive working environment will drive our growth as a business, as teams and as individuals. We will therefore consider all applicants for employment, hereby fostering an inclusive working culture that is accessible to all.