Why you will love Cisco
Cisco didn’t just build the Internet. We keep building it. We believe our innovation and our edge comes from our people. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.
Cisco is ranked in the Top-30 Best Places to Work globally by Fortune and LinkedIn – you’ll be joining a world recognized brand with a great reputation.
You’ll be connected to people and information through the best collaboration tools and technologies.
Cisco plays a crucial role in driving next generation software innovations. This includes cloud, mobile, security, hardware, big data spaces, software and consulting services. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity; we are connecting the unconnected and transforming our customers’ businesses worldwide.
Supply Chain Operations
Join our industry recognized Supply Chain Operations team. Over the last 10 years, Cisco’s Supply Chain has been among the top 10 global supply chains on Gartner’s annual Top 25 Supply Chain list.
The Cisco Supply Chain is responsible for new product introductions, manufacturing, logistics, sourcing and procurement, planning & fulfilment, quality, sustainability, supply chain security and many other functions.
As an intern, you will be stepping into a fast-paced environment, while working in high-impact roles. With lots of support from management and colleagues, you will experience a sense of community and fun, while having the opportunity to learn and grow.
Start a truly rewarding career at Cisco Supply Chain!
What you will learn with us?
You will be part of Supply Chain team in Amsterdam who are dedicated to providing our customers an unrivaled customer experience by delivering a flexible, innovative and scalable supply chain.
The opportunities to learn at Cisco vary by the function, as well as the projects that you are working on.
- Have the opportunity to learn more about how our supply chain fits into Cisco’s greater organization as well as network with fellow interns and senior leadership
- Be provided on-the-job experience fitting to your thesis, personal coaching and technical skill advancement.
- Help create innovative solutions to optimize Supply Chain Operations internal and external processes and tools to enable the best cost, quality, and delivery of Cisco products.
- Work with sales, marketing, finance and the Supply Chain Organization to develop EMEAR regional planning strategies.
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer Partner Service, Finance, Supply chain (OPT) and customers to drive data and information flow and enable decision-making.
- Learn to drive end-to-end management of critical deals from sensing to fulfilment to optimize supply chain costs.
- Learn about supply chain planning technical capabilities and industry trends.
- Interface with Cisco suppliers and customers to support and maintain the quality of operations and customer satisfaction.
- Use state of the art hardware, technology, methods and tools while learning from your talented colleagues.
What will you bring to us?
- You are a self-starter, and thrive in an environment with an agenda for change, growth, innovation, and visionary behavior.
- You can demonstrate the ability to operate continually at an “”up-tempo”” pace in a dynamic, fast moving culture.
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS/etc) or Master’s Degree program majoring in Business Administration, Supply chain management, Statistics, Manufacturing, Logistics or other relevant Supply chain Operations disciplines.
- You have an excellent academic record with a Minimum CGPA of 3.0.
- You have a solid understanding of Supply Chain fundamentals with an aptitude for learning new technologies.
- You possess creative problem solving skills and have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- You have good English verbal and written skills.
- You are able to live and work in the country of your application, with no additional VISA sponsorship from Cisco.
- You are able to start from February 2020.
- At least 4 days availability per week (home office acceptable).
- Willing to participate in Cisco Case Intern competition (team work project).
What Cisco offers you
Room to play: at Cisco, you will be challenged and developed whilst having fun. We value a culture of smart risks, and think it is better to try and fail than not try at all.
We believe that changing the future requires more than just a special ability. Playing and thinking outside the box is an essential part of what we do, meaning your mindset and personality are just as important as your skills.
Collaboration, innovation and creativity are more than buzzwords for us. They are strengths we look for in every employee.
Potential to stay for full-time role after the internship.
Have a look at Spark Board – a brand new collaboration tool what our engineering teams have developed recently HERE
What Bart says about being an Intern at Cisco Supply Chain
“During my time as an intern I got full responsibility for an international project from day one. As part of my assignment I spent 4 days in the Czech Republic and had to collaborate with different departments within Cisco. I really appreciated all the time and effort they invested in me. In fact, I enjoyed working at Cisco so much that I am now employed by them.”