In this role, you have the opportunity to
learn and grow as a professional within Philips Design. As a trainee, you will join a 2-year program, in which you will be fulfilling 3 challenging assignments in different areas within Philips Design Netherlands, with one potential international assignment. The Traineeship focusses on ‘learning on the job’, mentoring and training. You will benefit from many opportunities to learn and share with other Philips Design trainees and employees while expanding your business network. After two years of accelerated learning and gaining valuable experience, you are in the driver seat of your career. You will get the chance to use the network you have built to find the perfect next step in a Philips Design career.
You are responsible for
Your responsibilities will differ per assignment, examples of assignments are:
- Translate user insights into customer journeys together with our user research experts.
- Develop a strong service proposition and deliver service blueprints.
- Collaborate with our UX designers to develop differentiating touchpoints within the service flow.
- Experience the role of the service designer both in business and innovation context.
You are part of Service Design
This traineeship is in the field of Service Design. As a Service Designer in the Philips Design community, you naturally understand the bigger picture of a solution. You orchestrate how different touchpoints and people interact through the whole service flow. As a service designer, you are a strong advocate for the user and his experience. Some of our service designers use their strong skills in UX/UI to bring service-driven propositions to industrialization, where others excel in storytelling to create new to the world scenarios. Some of our more senior service designers take a strategic angle and drive service thinking throughout the organization. The next challenge for service design is to deliver meaningful solutions that encompass data and artificial intelligence. In this traineeship, you will be able to learn about all of these aspects and set out your own development toward a successful service designer.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
To be successful in this program you are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, eager and ambitious. We will foster your growth through a collaborative style and a strong mentoring program. The chosen mentors are successful individuals and make up a diverse group. Are you the one we are looking for? You can apply for the traineeship if you:
- have recently graduated or will graduate the latest June 2020 with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in the fields of Design, Service Design, Design Research or related discipline. You have a maximum one year of work experience following your graduation;
- have an exceptional design talent with strong attention to detail
- you are a highly creative and lateral thinker who always sees new opportunities, even when others don’t see them immediately.
- you are a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, so you can persuade colleagues at all ranks in the organization using your own style;
- perceive success and failure as parts of a learning process and these trigger you to try out something new;
- speak and write fluent English;
In return, we offer you
We offer you a unique and challenging trainee program and the opportunity to:
- work for an employer whose activities have a major positive impact on people all over the world;
- be a part of an international design team and play an important role in defining the design of Philips’ products, solutions, and services;
- work alongside with 450 design professionals from various design competencies across the globe;
- learn about different competency areas in Design through your assignments;
- start your career with full support and guidance from the experts;
- discover how you can actively contribute to innovations that matter;
- launch and steer your career in an environment with an astonishing diversity of nationalities, skills, and backgrounds;
- learn about different parts of the organization;
- strengthen your capabilities and knowledge;
As a trainee, you will receive a contract for a period of 2 years, with excellent labor conditions.
When you are interested to join the Philips Design Traineeship, please apply online and
- upload your CV, motivation letter, and portfolio before 15 April 2020. Please make sure you add the link to your portfolio on your resume;
- if you pass the first screening which is based on your resume and portfolio, you will be invited for a short recruiter interview in April.
- the most suitable candidates will be invited for the Selection Day in Eindhoven, the Netherlands on 30 June 2020; your presence during the Selection Day is required.
When you successfully complete the selection process, you will start your first assignment per September 2020.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application: