In this role, you have the opportunity to
As a trainee you will join a 2,5 year program, in which you will be fulfilling 2 or 3 challenging assignments in different departments and sectors within Philips. For some of our trainees it is even an option to work abroad. The traineeship focusses on ‘learning on the job’, mentoring and training. Benefit from many opportunities to learn and share with other Philips trainees and employees, while expanding your business network. After two years of accelerated learning and gaining valuable experience, you are in the driver seat of your career. You will get the chance to use the network you have built to find the perfect next step in your Philips career.
You are responsible for
We have several assignments available in Eindhoven and Amsterdam, each assignment has a specific focus.
The Chief Medical Office is part of the Innovation & Strategy Group and supporting a wide range of innovative health technology projects across Businesses and Markets. The Global Market Access division is part of the Chief Medical Office and focuses on the understanding of our customers and its financial challenges (Reimbursement, Value-Based Care as well as Hospital Economics). You will provide input for the development of clinical and economic value propositions from the perspective of hospitals and payers (Health Insurers) for hospital as well as hospital-to-home products and solutions in Philips key markets; develop and maintain effective relationships with all levels of hospital key opinion leaders; conducting Market Access Assessment of new healthcare business models and its applicability on current reimbursement systems (by country). Staring the traineeship within the CMO department is a unique opportunity for the trainee as he/she will learn the foundation of Healthcare and its challenges. This knowledge will equip the trainee with the necessary skillset to succeed in other roles within Philips.
Innovation & Implementation (I&I) is located in the Benelux markets and is responsible for new business development activities in the market, specifically related to Health Systems. I&I is the linking pin between strategy, new business development and consulting activities in the Benelux market. Within I&I we are currently exploring market driven solutions in the spaces of Oncology Informatics & Labosys (Laboratory Informatics). The further develop these solutions, both from a product & service management perspective as well as a business modeling perspective; we are looking for a young talent that is interested in developing their expertise in healthcare informatics as well as business development.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Recently graduated or will graduate latest September 2019 with a Master’s Degree in the directions of Business economics, Healthcare Informatics, Entrepreneurship, Innovation Management, Healthcare management, Health Economics, Medicine, Health and Lifestyle management
- Max 1 years of work experience straight after your graduation;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills, so you can persuade colleagues at all ranks in the organization;
- International experience or an international mindset and the ability to use internal and external resources to maximize the value for the company and its customers;
- Project and change management skills;
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit, eager and ambitious.
Willingness to take initiative, able to translate business theory to market delivery and eager to understand customer needs.
- Speak and write fluent English.
In return, we offer you
We offer you a unique and challenging trainee program and the opportunity to:
- Work for an employer whose activities have a major impact on people all over the world;
- Discover how you can actively contribute to innovations that matter;
- Launch and steer your career in an environment with an astonishing diversity of nationalities, skills and backgrounds;
- Learn about different parts of the organization;
- Strengthen your capabilities and knowledge;
- Build a great international network.
As a trainee you will receive a contract for the period of 2.5 years, with excellent labor conditions.
When you are interested to join the Philips’ traineeship, please apply online latest 24th of March 2019, applications that come in after this deadline can not be taken into account.
- Upload your CV and/or motivation
- If you pass the pre-selection round you will be invited to make an online test latest week 13
- If you belong to the best performers, you will be invited for the Selection Days which will take place on the 18th of April 2019 in Eindhoven, the Netherlands
- The most suitable candidates will be invited to the Traineeship Business Challenge Event in the Netherlands on the 13th & 14th of May 2019. During the event you will spend 1.5 day with similar minded graduates, working on a range of highly challenging exercises in a number of business-related scenarios. This is the final step in the traineeship selection process. In the same week we will inform you with the outcome.
- Your physical presence during the Selection Days and the final Business Challenge Event is required.
When you successfully complete the selection process, you are able to start between the 1st of October 2019 and 1st of January 2020 in your first assignment which is especially created for this program.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.