Internship – FI Advisory Team (M&A, Capital Markets)
The ING Advisory Team is looking to hire an intern in Amsterdam. The team is responsible for the origination and execution of High Value Added transactions (M&A, ECM, DCM and other complex financing structures) within the Financial Institutions / Fintech sector.
In this job you will play an active role in the origination, structuring and execution of transformational transactions for leading financial institutions and related companies. Examples of previous transactions include the acquisition of Klaverblad leven for TPG, the acquisition of Payvision for ING, the acquisition of Delta Lloyd by NN Group and the IPO of NIBC.
The team consists of 20 professionals in Amsterdam, London and Singapore.
- Doing industry research, market-, peer group- and benchmarking analysis;
- Prepare, analyze and explain historical and projected financial information;
- Supporting the team with preparing presentations and pitch books;
- Participate in all aspects of M&A / Capital transactions;
- Assisting and analysing due diligence information and review transaction documentation;
- Preparing financial models;
- Maintaining active contacts with others departments / disciplines, such as DCM, ECM, Financial Markets and Relationship Management etc.
Your profile and competencies
- Master or Bachelor student, looking for an internship for a period of 4-6 months
- Strong academic record with above-average grades;
- Fluent in both Dutch and English (verbal and writing);
- True team player, entrepreneurial mindset and outstanding interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal;
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, pro-active and self-motivated;
Excellent analytical skills, eye for detail and accuracy.
What we offer?
Join a highly motivated team of professionals on the most challenging and high profile transactions with international exposure. Opportunity to work in the most dynamic industry environment, which is rapidly changing on the back of changing client needs, regulatory requirements and funding constraints. Unique proposition to further develop your skills and interact with clients. This is an excellent opportunity to work in a deal-driven environment and gather real work experience in combination with advanced training on the job (Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, SNL, Office).
How to apply
Please send your CV and motivation letter to Bernt Hendriksma (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have any questions, please call +31 (0) 65 78 77 705.