Do you want to immerse yourself in the world of long-term and responsible investing with one of the largest pension investors in the world? Do you want to develop yourself continuously at the heart of society and contribute to the lives of 5 million people?
Four traineeship directions
Digital, Quant, Finance or Portfolio management. For each of these tracks we have a traineeship available at the Asset Management department of APG. Whatever direction you choose, you will start your career with one of the frontrunners in the field of responsible and long-term investing. The four traineeships all have their own focus. Which one is your perfect fit?
- Quant: The quant traineeship prepares you for a career in the fields of Asset Liability Management, Research, Quantitative Portfolio Management, and Trading. Your assignments will allow you to further develop your modelling, programming and research skills as you apply them to APG’s unique datasets to solve real-life investment problems.
- Digital & Data Analytics: If you want to learn how to turn data into investment intelligence and how to explain this to our investors, clients and risk managers, choose the digital & data analytics traineeship. You contribute to creating insights into potential returns, customer information or to the optimization of the information processing itself.
- Finance & Risk: This traineeship is the perfect fit for those who are curious about the ins and outs of an Asset Management organization from a financial and operational risk perspective. But also if you are interested in how investment risks are mitigated and which investments details are reported to clients and regulators.
- Investment & Portfolio management: This traineeship gives you the opportunity to learn how one of the largest and most institutionalized asset managers takes risk, return and sustainability into account when investing in different asset classes such as fixed income, equities, infrastructure or real estate. After the traineeship you will better understand in which direction you would like to continue your ca reer as a portfolio manager.
At Traineeships at APG | APG, you’ll find the full texts of the vacancies and the possibility to easily apply!
The trainee program – 2 years, 4 assignments 6 months
The four traineeships at APG start October 1st, take two years and consist of four assignments of six months. The assignments are aligned as closely as possible to your qualities, studies and development wishes, and APG’s goals. The aim is for you to be completely ready for a permanent position within 2 years.
We expect a lot but you’re never alone
To shape your development and career we enable you to participate in various education and training courses, you are assigned a specific coach for each assignment and mentor and buddy for the whole traineeship. Furthermore you can always count on the trainee coordinator. We expect a lot of you but you’re never alone. We build a long-term future together.
Why start your career at APG?
Because APG Asset Management:
- Is the largest pension investor in the Netherlands with 627 billion euros assets on the management and among the top five worldwide.
- Manages most investments and support processes in-house.
- Owns a wealth of data sets.
- Offers an ideal environment for orientation and learning.
- Leads the way in sustainable investment.
In the Traineeship of APG:
- You work on 4 assignments in 2 years.
- Each assignment lasts 6 months.
- You will have ample freedom to formulate assignments in response to current issues and in line with your field of interest.
- You will undergo a sharp learning curve, personally and professionally.
- You are assigned your own mentor.
- You do not have to choose your favorite job until after the traineeship.
- In case of a successful 2 year traineeship your contract will be converted to a permanent employment contract.
We offer you a competitive salary based on a 40 hours working week and attractive terms of employment with a focus on flexibility.
- A guaranteed year-end bonus of 8.33%
- Ample attention to your vitality and personal development
- Hybrid working: at home and in one of our superb offices
- And of course a well-organized pension.
You are an energetic university graduate with passion for investments and financial markets. You have an open view, many ideas, and are eager to learn and to innovate. This mindset you combine with:
- A master’s degree in Economics, (Corporate, Sustainable, Quantitative) Finance, Business, Econometrics, Data Science, Business Intelligence, or related study, with outstanding study results.
- A maximum of two years’ work experience.
- Broad-ranging extra-curricular activities are a plus (e.g. committee or board membership, volunteer work).
- Digital mentality.
- Fluency in English (additionally, fluency in Dutch is a plus).
For pension provider APG, pensions are about people, life and how we live together. Through careful asset management, pension administration, communication and advice, APG wants to help build a decent future in which we share our well-being and prosperity honestly and sustainably. For present and future generations. For today, tomorrow and beyond.
APG is committed to serving 4.7 million people in the Netherlands. That explains the importance we attach to reflecting Dutch society. To that end, APG strives for an inclusive work environment in which everyone can be themselves and their unique qualities are embraced.
Choosing APG means choosing a job in which you contribute to a bright future. Don’t delay, apply today!
Please contact Cato Beentjes, recruiter, via firstname.lastname@example.org. She’s happy to tell you more about the specific positions. Haven’t made up your mind yet? Register for one of our online inhouse events at the 14th and 23th of March.
Apply before the 1st of April
At Traineeships at APG | APG you’ll find the vacancies for the 4 traineeshiptracks and the possibility to easily apply! At this page you also find more background information, video’s and testimonials of current and former trainees. So don’t forget to take a look. Do you see a future with APG? Apply utmost March 31st, 2022 with an English cv and cover letter and show us what motivates you.