Go deeper! As a Business Analyst at Samskip, you dive deep into our operations to identify solutions that will enhance profitability across our international transport operations.
Samskip is a leading player in the field of international and multimodal transport and shipment operations. We are relentless in our quest for business and process improvement, and this requires the highest standards of business analysis. Do you have the skills and experience to dive into the data in order to identify problems and opportunities, then provide solutions that help us to achieve our goals? Can you implement and support business information systems across multiple departments? If so, we invite you to find out more about this influential position.
An international opportunity
Samskip is a truly international company that innovates the most advanced sustainable and multimodal transport solutions across Europe. Based at our headquarters in Rotterdam, one of the world’s busiest and most important transport and shipping hubs, you will engage with the cutting edge of 21st-century logistics. And, as someone whose role is to propose solutions across all areas of our business, you will be perfectly placed to have a major influence on shaping Samskip’s future success.
High-level data analysis for improved profitability
As a Business Analyst at Samskip, you conduct deep market analyses, analyzing both product lines and the overall profitability of the business. Central to this is developing and monitoring data quality metrics to ensure that business data and reporting needs are met. Based on these analyses, you develop new models and financial insights that underpin sound business decisions, aligning capital and resource allocation within the business budget. You also drive fresh initiatives for financial planning and business intelligence systems. Within this context, your core tasks include:
- Budgeting and forecasting;
- Planning and monitoring;
- Financial modelling;
- Variance Analysis;
- Pricing and Reporting;
- Defining business requirements and reporting them back to stakeholders.
- In addition to financial and operational modelling, you also attend to the streamlining and improvement of internal and external reporting. All of this calls for a strong understanding of regulatory and reporting requirements, along with experience in forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis combined with the understanding of key performance indicators. You should also possess broad and effective technology and communication skills.
A great place to shine and grow
As a company, Samskip embodies the dynamic and fast-moving international logistics sector. The atmosphere is busy, open, and collaborative. Every day is different. Above all, you are free to deploy the full range of your talents and achieve ambitions that drive both your success and ours. To that end, you will have access to wide-ranging development opportunities. And we do everything possible to ensure a good work/life balance.
Samskip also offers:
- Market competitive salary including a 13th month;
- 28 days of annual leave;
- Company pension plan;
- Travel allowance;
- The possibility to work from home for some of the time.
Are you the multi-layered analytical expert we are looking for?
This is a role for an experienced professional who can engage with all areas and all levels of our company, including senior decision-makers. Needless to say, you have a proven (data) analytical background. Equally important, however, are the strategic and interpersonal skills that will drive and facilitate effective improvements. You should also be able to function independently while building the relationships that ensure buy-in from key stakeholders across a matrix environment. In addition, you are a team player who loves to coach, engage and inspire others. The formal requirements are:
- A Bachelor‘s degree or higher in a field such as Business Studies, Business Administration, Economics, or IT;
- Ideally you have industry-recognised certificates such as those from the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA);
- Relevant experience, ideally within a Logistics context;
- Strong digital understanding and expertise;
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills;
- Strong interpersonal and English language skills.
If you think you think you have what it takes to make a success of this exciting yet demanding role, don’t delay! Click on the button below and send us your CV. If you have any questions about the vacancy feel free to call us on +31 88 400 1393 or send an e-mail to: email@example.com