In this role, you have the opportunity to
During the internship, you will become familiar with the customer/vendor finance activities of a multinational and the full range of customer financing solutions/products. Furthermore you will gain insight in what customer financing solutions look like and gain insight in what international banks have to offer.
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern who will support our team in this effort.
You are responsible for
- Assisting the team in setting up a database, reporting and monitoring system for on- and off-balance sheet financing positions for global markets (at customer level)
- Developing a database, reporting and monitoring system monitoring various exposures, equity stakes, interest rates and/or FX risks and hedging thereof
- Maintaining the Risk & Portfolio Management Data base (credit approvals, Return On Invested Capital, Philips Investments and Alliances Committee approvals)
- Financial research, Credit research, preparing professional presentations; training materials and various other ad hoc topics to be determined.
You are a part of
Philips Capital contributes to the growth of Philips by actively offering customer-financing solutions. We have a Global Customer Financing team, developing and providing financing solutions for our customers in the Healthcare business. Philips Capital is there for all Global Philips activities.
As Philips preferably finances its customers with external bank funding, it’s key to have a good overview of what the banks and other financial institutions have to offer. At same time, we need to keep a tight control and management of our on-balance positions to assure a portfolio of good quality and adequate return.
You will be based at our head-office in Amsterdam.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Native /Fluent in French as your will work closely with French Market
- Currently studying towards your University Bachelor of Science/Master of science WO (Bsc./Msc.) in one of the following: Industrial Engineering, Accountancy, Finance, Business Administration, Business Economics, Economics
- Strong communication skills and like to work in teams in a dynamic environment of a new company
- Affinity with Corporate Finance and Financial Markets
- Previous internship experience desirable
In return, we offer you
The chance to grow personally and professionally while contributing to running projects within the Project Development & Structure Finance Team. We welcome you to make a difference within Philips while gaining insight into what customer financing solutions look like.
- Monthly full-time allowance between €500 – €700 gross, depending on educational level and if you would need to relocate to The Netherlands. If you will perform a part-time internship you will receive the allowance pro-rata.
- Housing compensation, in case of relocating to the vicinity of the office, €300,- net if location is in the vicinity of Amsterdam, €255,- net for all other Philips locations. You need to provide a rental contract of the land lord, and your normal home-work travel distance need to be more than 50 km or travel time (one way trip) need to be more than 1.5 hours.
- Travel compensation, if you are not eligible for a free public transport card; you will receive max. €145,- net
- Paid holidays per internship term.
- The opportunity to buy Philips equipment at our Philips shop
Part of our selection procedure is a HireVue online interview recording. We are not able to share the outcome of this HireVue interview but will use this as extra selection criteria.
In order to be considered, you have to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation will be requested. Students from outside the EU enrolled at a Dutch university need to fill in a NUFFIC agreement – which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.