We are looking for a new colleague to join us part-time 24h-32h per week in our Amsterdam office and help us assist our customers and reshape their financial future.
In 2013, DEGIRO launched its online brokerage services in The Netherlands. Since then, DEGIRO has expanded across 18 European countries enabling retail investors to benefit from a highly competitive commission structure.
We provide an award-winning online platform for all types of investors and offer our customers the opportunity to invest globally at unprecedented low rates. Our goal is to add value by developing affordable, custom-made financial services for all investors. That is why we teamed up with flatex bank. Together, we form one of the biggest pan-European brokers.
About the role
You will be joining around 30 young, smart and motivated colleagues as a Junior Trading Assistant. You will be the first point of contact between the retail traders and the company. It is a great way to learn everything about the DEGIRO product and work closely with other teams such as Brokerage and Risk.
To best assist our customers, we offer you the following opportunities:
- Relevant training and onboarding into transfers, tax, corporate actions, trading venues, market abuse, amongst others;
- Paid ESMA “Retail Informeren” (Dutch) certification and the opportunity to go for the CFA Level 1 certification;
- Access to the Percipio platform with unlimited training you can do at your pace.
Your assistance to customers will be amongst the following topics:
- As a trading assistant, you take ownership of customer requests to find a short or/and long-term solution to improve our processes. To achieve this, you will collaborate with various departments responsible for the daily operations of DEGIRO;
- You will assist our customers during the entire customer lifecycle, starting from the moment they become prospects until the moment they are fully using their accounts (onboarding, KYC and EDD);
- When customers are fully ready to invest their assets, you will assist them with the platform, corporate actions, transfers (pension, portfolio and money), trading disputes, the risk model, amongst many others;
- You will communicate between the different departments which secure the operations within the international organization of the flatexDEGIRO group, where DEGIRO is a part of. You will use your communicative skills in an international atmosphere on a large diversity of subjects.
What growth looks like at DEGIRO
Starting at the Service Desk is a great way to understand which part of the Fintech world best suits you. Your career growth at DEGIRO can look like this:
- Learn the ins and outs of the product and the company, plus the skills to interact with customers and other professionals of the industry;
- Move on to a senior leadership position within your current department;
- Transfer to a new role within DEGIRO. Previous colleagues have joined Marketing, Operations, Brokerage and Risk!
What you can expect
- Personal and professional development with access to relevant training;
- Opportunities for career development;
- Starting with 1-year contract;
- Travel reimbursement;
- Everything included in the regular benefits package (see below).
The basics you shouldn’t live without:
- Like-minded colleagues with whom you can talk about your passion for Finance;
- Office location in a central position of Amsterdam;
- Company laptop and home office support (chair, headphones, screen, amongst others);
- Lunch, fruit, and coffee at the office;
- Team activities and monthly Friday drinks (once we are back at the office);
- Flexible working opportunities;
- Modern and friendly work environment.
We are looking for you if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Management or Economics. We are also interested in applicants with a Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Dutch, Law or Humanities if you can prove you have a strong affinity with finance. A Master’s degree is an advantage;
- Native-level Dutch speaker;
- Fluent in English;
- 0 – 2 years of experience;
- Availability of at least 24 hours a week and preferably 32 hours for the first month;
- Good understanding of financial products and affinity with the financial markets;
- An entrepreneurial mindset;
- Energetic team player with excellent communication skills;
- Living in the Amsterdam metropolitan area or willing to move;
- Willing to work evenings and weekend shifts.
Do you already see yourself as part of the team? Apply!
(Please be aware that providing a cover letter with your application is mandatory)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or any other legally protected status. DEGIRO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.