In this role, you have the opportunity to gain experience assisting Finance Business Partners for the Personal Health Businesses (main focus on Grooming and Beauty) in short term performance tracking and management and longer term strategic financial modelling.
- Profit & Loss modelling for short term and strategic decision making; cooperating with the different categories within Grooming and Beauty, Oral Healthcare and Mother & Childcare.
- Providing support in the daily management with short term performance tracking and follow up.
- Supporting Business Marketing teams with ad hoc analysis/deep dives on (Sales & Margin) performance
- Reviewing First level Business cases on data accuracy, underpinning and evidence.
- Participating in improvement projects (e.g. Margin improvement project) and Lean initiatives.
- The Personal Health Finance business partnering Team is a dynamic and international Team within the Personal Health Cluster of Philips. The Team supports the Business Teams of Grooming & Beauty, Oral Healthcare and Mother & Childcare. These Teams are responsible for developing and marketing a wide range of products such as e.g. epilators, shavers, dryers, straighteners, electrical toothbrushes, baby bottles and soothers.
- The teams are spread globally with the MTs centered around Amsterdam. You will also be partnering with different functions (Marketing, Research & Development, Supply Chain Management and Financial Planning & Analysis) and markets around the globe.
You’re the right fit if:
- You are currently pursuing your studies as a University Master student (BSc/MSc), in Finance, Economy, (Technical) Business Administration or related education.
- You are analytically strong, proactive and solution oriented.
- You have sufficient experience working with MS Excel, PowerPoint, etc. to drive qualitative and detailed insights.
- You have strong communication skills and you are fluent in English (written and verbal)
In return, we offer you
- Monthly full-time allowance between €500 – €700 gross, depending on educational level and if you would need to relocate to The Netherlands. If you will perform a part-time internship you will receive the allowance pro-rata.
- Housing compensation, in case of relocating to the vicinity of the office, €300,- net if location is in the vicinity of Amsterdam, €255,- net for all other Philips locations. You need to provide a rental contract of the land lord, and your normal home-work travel distance need to be more than 50 km or travel time (one way trip) need to be more than 1.5 hours.
- Travel compensation, if you are not eligible for a free public transport card; you will receive max. €145,- net
- Paid holidays per internship term.
- The opportunity to buy Philips equipment at our Philips shop.
- Part of our selection procedure is a HireVue online assessment. We are not able to share the outcome of this HireVue assessment, but will use this as extra selection criteria.
- In order to be considered, you have to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation will be requested. Students from outside the EU enrolled at a Dutch university need to fill in a NUFFIC agreement – which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
- Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
We are a health technology company. We built our entire company around the belief that every human matters, and we won’t stop until everybody everywhere has access to the quality healthcare that we all deserve. Do the work of your life to help the lives of others.
- Learn more about our business.
- Discover our rich and exciting history.
- Learn more about our purpose.
If you’re interested in this role and have many, but not all, of the experiences needed, we encourage you to apply. You may still be the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Philips. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion here.