Internship: Group Strategy
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Assist the businesses, markets and solution spaces in the strategic planning process, strategy execution and analysis.
The position provides a unique opportunity to experience Group Strategy in a very experienced strategy team, with a global scope. You will have to cope with high pressure, working with big teams and operating independently. Responsibilities rapidly increase for those who perform well.
You are responsible for
- Working with Strategy team and assisting in deep-dive strategy projects (topics including market sizing, customer trend analysis, internal capability analysis, growth strategy, Go-to-market strategy, acquisition target evaluation etc.)
- Collecting market insights via desk top research, prepare customer survey and analyze results, support customer / industry expert interviews, document takeaways from key stakeholder meetings, support in strategy report compilation
- Assisting in ensuring an end-to-end connection between businesses, markets, functions, strategists and execution teams (M&A, Alliances, etc.) by implementing a systematic and lean approach to ensure consistent and impactful execution
- Analyzing strategy execution dashboards and defining impact for planning and resource allocation
- Supporting in non-project related activities that make the team high performing
You are a part of
The Strategy team works together with Philips Businesses, Markets and other functional teams on high impact projects with a mandate from the Philips Executive Committee and senior leaders. This is a central team that drives deep business insights, actionable strategic direction and thought leadership for the company. The Strategy team consists of top-level strategists with wide-ranging backgrounds, nationalities, and competencies, based out of Amsterdam, Boston, and Shanghai. The Strategy team is a talent pool for future Philips leaders.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Studying towards your Masters (Msc.) in Business Administration, Economics, Medical/Healthcare, Science and Engineering
- A genuine interest in strategy and execution
- Analytical mindset and a strong professional drive
- Strong and open-minded team player who can work with various nationalities and cultures
- Neat Excel and PowerPoint skills and affinity with applications and tooling
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Relevant internship experience is preferred
- Availability for 40 hours per week (exceptions evaluated on a case-by-case basis)
- Enrolled in a university program (MSc) for the duration of your internship
- Please note: This interview process will feature strategy consulting like case interviews. If you have any doubts please reach out to the campus recruiter (firstname.lastname@example.org)
In return, we offer you
- Great work experience in the front end of innovation.
- Learning experience to hone your skill set in strategic thinking, data analysis, market insights and communication.
- Depending on performance during the internship, the opportunity to join the team as a full-time employee.
- Exposure in an international environment with multi-disciplinary stakeholders.
Next to that, we are offering a decent internship package:
- Monthly full-time allowance between €500 – €700 gross, depending on educational level and if you would need to relocate to The Netherlands. If you will perform a part-time internship you will receive the allowance pro-rata.
- Housing compensation, in case of relocating to the vicinity of the office, €300,- net if location is in the vicinity of Amsterdam, €255,- net for all other Philips locations. You need to provide a rental contract of the land lord, and your normal home-work travel distance need to be more than 50 km or travel time (one way trip) need to be more than 1.5 hours.
- Travel compensation, if you are not eligible for a free public transport card; you will receive max. €145,- net
- Paid holidays per internship term.
- The opportunity to buy Philips equipment at our Philips shop
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Philips is on a very exciting transformation journey to become an even more focused Health Technology leader. Group Strategy is a crucial part of this journey, and you can be part of that!
Visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our other young professionals. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.