In this role, you have the opportunity to
You will work in close association with Philips organizations globally with focus on developing projects and structuring financing solutions to support large projects or flow business financing in both healthcare & personal health domain. Responsible to identify, develop, structure, execute financing transactions. You will become familiar with the customer/vendor finance activities of a multinational company and be exposed to the full range of customer financing solutions and products.
You are responsible for
- Identify, develop, and implement customer financing products (like loan, leases etc.), programs and solutions for target modalities
- Assisting PC Europe team in the development of financing programs for Philips health technology deals
- Supporting deal structuring and going through deal documentations and ensure that they meet the accounting requirements
- Developing standardized material for financing structuring to be used across Philips
- Integrate financing solutions in new product launches and sales campaigns across businesses
You are a part of
The Project Development & Structure Finance Team within Philips Capital. PD&SF is an experienced, international team and work on deals from across the globe. Philips Capital contributes to the growth of Philips by actively developing and providing customer financing solutions for our customers in the Healthcare & Personal health business.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Currently pursuing Bachelor or Masters in Finance, International Business, Economics
- Possess Corporate Finance and Financial Markets and Accounting knowledge
- Proactive personality, self-starter, can work under pressure
- Excellent knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong communication skills and enjoys working in teams
- Previous internship experience is desirable
- Good proficiency in English and German is a must.
In return, we offer you
The chance to grow personally and professionally while contributing to running projects within the Project Development & Structure Finance Team. We welcome you to make a difference within Philips while gaining insight into what customer financing solutions look like.
- Monthly full-time allowance between €500 – €700 gross, depending on educational level and if you would need to relocate to The Netherlands. If you will perform a part-time internship you will receive the allowance pro-rata.
- Housing compensation, in case of relocating to the vicinity of the office, €300,- net if location is in the vicinity of Amsterdam, €255,- net for all other Philips locations. You need to provide a rental contract of the land lord, and your normal home-work travel distance need to be more than 50 km or travel time (one way trip) need to be more than 1.5 hours.
- Travel compensation, if you are not eligible for a free public transport card; you will receive max. €145,- net
- Paid holidays per internship term.
- The opportunity to buy Philips equipment at our Philips shop
Part of our selection procedure is a HireVue online interview recording. We are not able to share the outcome of this HireVue interview but will use this as extra selection criteria.
In order to be considered, you have to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation will be requested. Students from outside the EU enrolled at a Dutch university need to fill in a NUFFIC agreement – which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.