Do you have an affinity with commodities and finance and aspire to have a direct impact in one of the leading companies in environmental markets? Would you like to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment? Apply now and join our team at our office in Amsterdam, the Netherlands!
OTC Flow is a leading broker specializing in trading across European and local renewable power markets. We provide liquidity in virtually all financial-environmental instruments in Europe. OTC Flow’s mission is to provide clients with relevant information on financial and renewable markets to help our partners achieve their sustainability goals in an informed and more intelligent way.
About the job
During this graduate program, you will be part of our European team, which aims to make the renewable energy market transparent and liquid in order to meet the requirements of various market players. You will be assisting the different trading desks in accelerating business all while developing and providing in-depth product knowledge.
- Actively approach potential clients to build your own portfolio;
- Be in charge of your own portfolio with a profit (Profit and Loss) target to achieve;
- Matching buyers with sellers and ultimately closing deals;
- Be an expert in timing the market to achieve the best results;
- Act as a single point of contact for your customer portfolio, as much as for your teammates;
- Propose new deal structures complying with the market’s requirements;
- Identify new leads in the fastest-growing commodity sector.
- You are a recent graduate or in the final year of your Master’s program in the field of Business Administration, Finance, Investment Banking, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Sustainability, or any other relevant discipline with a keen interest in financial markets;
- 0-3 years of experience in sales or business development;
- You have excellent sales skills, a commercial attitude and a proactive, entrepreneurial spirit that enables you to develop business in new directions;
- The ambition to develop your skills within a rapidly growing market;
- Previous experience in the field of broking/cold calling will be considered as a strong plus.
- Key eligibility criteria
- You are professionally fully proficient in English;
- You are willing to travel or relocate to Amsterdam, the Netherlands;
- You are available for a minimum of 6 months, 5 days per week.
What we offer
- The opportunity to enter the commodities markets with a focus on sustainable solutions;
- Competitive remuneration package;
- A 6 months graduate program;
- After the first 6 months, we intend to offer you an indefinite position, including a salary increase and the bonus scheme;
- Opportunity to attend international events and conferences where you can meet your current and future clients to further understand the communication infrastructure of the environmental commodities markets;
- Free lunch & snacks;
- Travel expenses covered (OV/Swap-bicycle plan etc.);
- 25 vacation days;
- Social events & activities with a fun team, including company trips (London/Ibiza).
If we have just described your profile, don’t miss out on this opportunity.
The recruitment process is as follows:
- Submit your application with your CV;
- We will get to know you better through a pre-screening interview;
- We will invite you for an interview with the hiring manager for this role.
Please note that sometimes there are slight changes to this process
We are convinced our differences make the difference and that an inclusive working environment will drive our growth as a business, as teams and as individuals. We will therefore consider all applicants for employment, hereby fostering an inclusive working culture that is accessible to all.