Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding internship in the field of supply chain management? Do you want to work on projects that have a positive impact on the environment and society? Do you want to learn from experienced professionals and develop your skills in project management, data analysis, storytelling, and more? If yes, then this internship is for you!
- Service Parts Supply Chain (SPS) is a global organization that supports Philips Healthcare by providing timely and reliable delivery of service parts to customers worldwide. SPS manages a network of more than 100 global stocking locations, holding 600M Euros of inventory and shipping 1 million customer orders annually at a value of 2 billion Euros. SPS ensures a 98% capability to deliver to end customers within 24 hours, while optimizing inventory levels and reducing operational costs.
- As an intern, you will be part of the Parts Lifecycle Management team, which is responsible for managing the end-to-end lifecycle of service parts, from introduction to obsolescence. You will be involved in driving at least one initiative for lifecycle management and/or sustainability improvements, such as SPS CO2 emissions reduction program or SPS Regulatory Implementations. You will conduct data analysis, develop business cases, organize knowledge sharing events and collaborate with various stakeholders across Philips, such as Integrated Supply Chain, Regulatory Affairs, Sustainability Group.
- By joining this internship, you will gain valuable insights into how service parts supply chain works in the health tech industry, and how it contributes to Philips’ mission of improving people’s lives through meaningful innovation. You will also develop your competencies in project management, data analysis, supply chain management, sustainability, regulatory requirements, cross-cultural awareness, communications and more.
You’re the right fit if:
- You are currently studying towards your University Master or Bachelor in: Data Science, Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Economics, or similar.
- You have good MS Excel skills (meaning proficient in merging/combining data sets, summarizing descriptive statistics, running pivot tables, building graphs and charts etc.)
- You are an analytical thinker with ability to swap between the bigger picture and the details
- You are fluent in English language both verbal and written
In return, we offer you
Monthly full-time allowance between €500 – €700 gross, depending on educational level and if you would need to relocate to The Netherlands. If you will perform a part-time internship you will receive the allowance pro-rata.
Housing compensation, in case of relocating to the vicinity of the office, €300,- net if location is in the vicinity of Amsterdam, €255,- net for all other Philips locations. You need to provide a rental contract of the land lord, and your normal home-work travel distance need to be more than 50 km or travel time (one way trip) need to be more than 1.5 hours.
Travel compensation, if you are not eligible for a free public transport card; you will receive max. €145,- net
Paid holidays per internship term.
The opportunity to buy Philips equipment at our Philips shop
Part of our selection procedure is a HireVue online assessment. We are not able to share the outcome of this HireVue assessment, but will use this as extra selection criteria.
In order to be considered, you have to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation will be requested. Students from outside the EU enrolled at a Dutch university need to fill in a NUFFIC agreement – which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
We are a health technology company. We built our entire company around the belief that every human matters, and we won’t stop until everybody everywhere has access to the quality healthcare that we all deserve. Do the work of your life to help the lives of others.
- Learn more about our business.
- Discover our rich and exciting history.
- Learn more about our purpose.
If you’re interested in this role and have many, but not all, of the experiences needed, we encourage you to apply. You may still be the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Philips. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion here.