As an intern in the Sustainability Team you will help drive global change, increasing Philip’s positive impact in the Supply Chain.
The field of Sustainability and ESG is developing constantly. New reporting standards, scientific insights, working groups, best practices and initiatives emerge in a rapid pace.
- You will conduct research on reporting standards, competitor performance and stakeholder trends with regards to circular operations. This will include performing in-depth investigation and analysis of industrial and non-industrial site performance, challenges, and opportunities. Using those insights will support developing best practices and business cases that cover the cross section of sustainability, business, and operations.
- You will be leading communications, coordinating initiatives, managing working groups and developing communities for sustainability.
- You will develop your analytic skills, knowledge about sustainability and ability to organize and implement while contributing to a program that enhances circular operations.
You’re the right fit if:
- You are studying towards your Bachelor or Master degree in a relevant field like Engineering, Environmental Sciences or Business/Economics.
- You have strong affinity with Sustainability, and knowledge about the Sustainability sector.
- You are structured, pro-active and you have independent working attitude.
- We require excellent English verbal and written skills.
In return, we offer you:
- Monthly full-time allowance between €500 – €700 gross, depending on educational level and if you would need to relocate to The Netherlands. If you will perform a part-time internship you will receive the allowance pro-rata.
- Housing compensation, in case of relocating to the vicinity of the office, €300,- net if location is in the vicinity of Amsterdam, €255,- net for all other Philips locations. You need to provide a rental contract of the land lord, and your normal home-work travel distance need to be more than 50 km or travel time (one way trip) need to be more than 1.5 hours.
- Travel compensation, if you are not eligible for a free public transport card; you will receive max. €145,- net
- Paid holidays per internship term.
- The opportunity to buy Philips equipment at our Philips shop.
Part of our selection procedure is a HireVue online interview recording. We are not able to share the outcome of this HireVue interview but will use this as extra selection criteria.
In order to be considered, you have to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation will be requested. Students from outside the EU enrolled at a Dutch university need to fill in a NUFFIC agreement – which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.
We are a health technology company. We built our entire company around the belief that every human matters, and we won’t stop until everybody everywhere has access to the quality healthcare that we all deserve. Do the work of your life to help the lives of others.
- Learn more about our business.
- Discover our rich and exciting history.
- Learn more about our purpose.
If you’re interested in this role and have many, but not all, of the experiences needed, we encourage you to apply. You may still be the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Philips. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion here.