Sefa organises over 125 events per year divided into four main categories: career, academic, international and social. We are always looking for companies as a partner in creating a successful event. For more elaborate information about our events. Please contact the Commercial Officer.
Below, you can find a short overview of our largest events.
General Career Events
Amsterdam Career Days (6 March – 10 March, 2023)
- Amsterdam Career Days is the largest and most prestigious career event of Amsterdam and is organised in cooperation with Aureus (VU).
- Five-day event with over 90 companies and 2000 students offering different possibilities, among which: case studies, presentations, individual meetings, informal recruitment activities and/or trainings.
- Visit the website for more information.
Career Week (28 November – 2 December, 2022)
- The Career Week is a five-day career event located at the Roeterseiland campus.
- Focusing on five themes (Economics & Finance, Business, Consultancy, Impact, and Digital Entrepreneurship & Innovation)
- 70+ companies and 700+ students
Amsterdam Case Competition (11 May – 17 May, 2023)
The ACC is an unique opportunity for twelve teams from top business schools worldwide to compete with each other by presenting their solutions for real-life business cases. Along with boosting their professional skills, participants receive an incredible opportunity to discover Amsterdam, the multinational centre of the Netherlands, and familiarize themselves with the rich Dutch culture.
- Through becoming one of the main case partners, your firm will gain business solutions and insights from the best students across the world that will bring fresh perspectives into your current operations.
- As the first Amsterdam Case Competition, we are fully monitored and supported by the Economic and Business Faculty of University of Amsterdam and its flagship Study Association Sefa.
- Our diverse event portfolio and sponsorship program can guarantee dedicated exposure opportunities that are tailored to your firm, where students and companies can all benefit from such events. For more information, please refer to the pages below.
Career Month Junior (12 – 13 April, 2023)
Educational days about the different study tracks for first-year-students. The companies that participate in these days have the possibility to tell students about their industry and company through presentations, workshops, Q&A sessions, lunches and network drinks.
Skills Week (31 October – 3 November, 2022)
Sefa Skillsweek aims to stimulate students professional interests, allowing them to improve career-oriented, academic, and personal skills through the workshops provided.
- Four-day event
- Focused on the development of the Professional, Academic and Personal skills of students.
- Workshops/trainings to develop skills
Specific Career Events
Master Career Club (Continuous)
The Master Career Club organizes events focused on Master students of the faculty of Economics & Business. The MCC organises a selection of events in collaboration with companies to prepare MSc students for their career. Past events are
- Consultancy Day
- FMCG & Retail Day
- Finance Days
- Digital Day
Investment Days (4 – 5 April, 2023)
The Sefa Investment Days is a career event orientated to the world of investing. Brokerage, real estate, asset management, trading and more are all subjects which will play a role in this event. Events organised are; networking events, case studies, workshops and presentations in which students meet your company in a formal and informal way.
Accountancy Tour (22 September, 2022)
Every year, Sefa organises the Accountancy Tour in collaboration with the UvA. The Accountancy Tour focuses on the biggest companies in the field. During the tour students with an affinity for accountancy have the opportunity to get familiar with this industry.